Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Lots and lots of writing lately, i know.

So I was suppose to go to California this summer, but that planned failed twice. I was going to take a road trip there, through Denver, to San Fran, and down the coast of California. I was going to eat Mexican food from Sombrero's (just because) and everything (please, someone get that reference). But that whole thing fell through, and sure that sucks, but I'm thinking of something else...

Lately i've been wanting more, more from my work, and more from my life. I drew someone from my hometown that I used to be really closed to tonight and somehow it really brought me back to the heart of my work. I really miss home, and I haven't been there in a long freaking while. I think that going home for a month would be just as good as going to California. I've lived in the same small town (Niceville, no it's not a joke) my whole life, and Sarasota has been my first break away from it. Needless to say I did choose to over avoid going back, but my heart aches for that whole familiarity. I miss the woods, the colors, the smells; everything i grew up on, including my family especially.

I think the 'more' that I want is the 'more' that I've always had. I think I'm going to take the last month of this summer and go home. I'm going to draw all the places that I've loved and cherished, but never really knew how to express, and take the time to connect with my family and really lay it all down.

I think this is going to be the densest sketchbook yet, and i think it will have a huge impact on my work.
I want to recclaim the heart of it, and really learn how to connect with everything.

No comments: